Sea Kayaking Croatia

Sea Kayaking Croatia

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Final Reflection

Final Reflection

I've had the opportunity to journal and to reflect on our grand adventure over the last week, and soon I will have the chance to email each person individually about how they impacted me on the trip. I wanted to say to everyone collectively as a group, however, that I was so impressed with the quality of the people with whom I traveled.

My travel companions were unique in that I had the amazing opportunity to spend two weeks with the best kind of people: everyone was positive, supportive, and team-oriented. Each person was eager to learn and willing to try new things. Even when we were doing seemingly mundane things like waiting at the airport or riding buses, I had some very thought-provoking, meaningful conversations. It was so refreshing to spend so much time with such high quality people- I feel very blessed to be counted among Georgia Tech's President's Scholars. 

 
This sentiment manifested itself when I was traveling to visit family in Italy after ASK Balkans and I met and hung out with a group of girls my age headed to Florence for a study abroad trip. For the 5 hours we were waiting at the airport, the entire conversation revolved around what time they should take their birth control pills with the time change, which clubs they would hit up first, and whether there was good shopping in Italy. There was also excessive whining. It struck me how fortunate I was to have spent the last two weeks with such an amazing, positive group of people that was focused on the important things in life, like culture and teamwork and solving real world problems.

Thanks for everything y'all,
Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment